Presidential Decree No. 622 of 31 October 2018 approved the Concept of the state migration policy of the Russian Federation for 2019 - 2025. The...
On January 1, 2018 the Administrative regulations of the Ministry of internal Affairs of Russia of November 23, 2017 N 881...
New in the migration legislation. Obligations of the inviting party to control the purpose of entry and the dates of departure of a foreign nationals.
On January 16, 2019, Federal Law No. 215-ФЗ dated July 19, 201 “On Amending Article 18.9 of the Russian Code of Administrative Offences” entered into force.
The main change concerned the obligations of the inviting party:
1) on compliance by the invited foreign nationals with the stated purpose of entry;
2) to ensure timely departure of the invited foreign nationals outside the Russian Federation.
Also, according to the draft Resolution, developed by the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia, it is planned to apply the measures of the inviting party to ensure its obligations:
- Notify foreign nationals of the need to comply with the purpose of entry;
- Inform the territorial unit of the Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs within five working days about of fail of non-compliance with the declared purpose of entry or loss of communication with a foreign nationals;
- Notify foreign national about the need to comply with the terms of stay;
- Reminder to a foreign nationals about the requirement to leave at the end of the term of the visa no later than ten days before the expiry of the visa;
- Inform the territorial unit of the Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs within five working days about the foreign citizen not to leave the country and the violation of the established period of temporary stay.
Administrative penalty (Article 18.9, Part 2 of the Russian Code of Administrative Offences):
1) for individuals - from 2,000 to 4,000 rubles;
2) for officials - from 45,000 to 50,000 rubles;
3) for legal entities - from 400,000 to 500,000 rubles.